Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Department: Administration, Human Resources
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Employment Category: Full Time
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates Degree with two to three years in Human Resources experience required.
- One to two years of hospitality industry Human Resources experience preferred.
Job Knowledge, Core Competences and Expectations
- General knowledge of applicable employment and payroll laws and practices.
- Prior experience in administration of benefits and HR programs preferred.
- Skills in database management, record keeping and filing.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook required; PowerPoint and Publisher a plus. Familiarity with Club Essentials and JONAS Systems is helpful.
- General knowledge of Accounting.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Assist the Director of Human Resources in administration, group health, payroll, 401k, Worker’s Compensation, employee data collection, processing and analysis.
- Maintains club’s personnel files, new hire list, state of Florida new hire website, employee referrals, 90-day evaluations, annual evaluations.
- Assists with selected recruitment and selection activities.
- Prepares internal and external position vacancy advertisements and announcements, including social media ads, the club’s website, club industry Internet job boards and college career services offices.
- Assists in administration of applicable visa (i.e., H2b, J1, H1b, P1, etc) recruiting programs.
- Sorts and reviews résumés as they arrive. Manages the flow of paper applications and the recruiting e-mail inbox.
- Schedules interviews and may interview prospective applicants in the absence of the HR Director.
- Process Applications/Drug Free Workplace Paperwork/Background Checks/Notification to DH’s/New Hire Paperwork/Information to Payroll.
- Provide Team Member Orientations.
- Update all lists and books: Employee Active/Terminated, Emergency Information, I-9’s/ I.D’s, etc.
- Conducts exit interviews/ Notify payroll of handling final deductions for departing team members.
- Independent Contractors administration, contracts and pre-qualification.
- Group Health Administration: processes enrollments, changes, and terminations of participants in all benefit plans and programs. Assist employees with any benefit claim issues or concerns.
- 401k Administration: process enrollments, track eligibility, and coordinates education sessions. Assists employees with administrative related matters.
- Club Housing Program:
a) Prepare lease agreements, payroll deduction agreements.
b) Determine housing matrix, manages furniture & household inventory.
c) Coordinates housing move-in and closure working with applicable in-house and contracted staff including hands-on work (i.e. moving small furniture items, distributing kitchenwares & linens to applicable apartments/condos).
- Transportation and Housing Utilities Billing:
a) Reconcile transportation billing for payroll deductions weekly.
b) Reconcile utility bills monthly for payroll deductions processing.
- Assists Accounting Department with payroll processing and projects as needed.
- Complete monthly account reconciliations, payroll reports, billing and tracking reports.
- Updates content on the human resources page of the club’s website.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Safety Committee Chairperson: schedule, prepare and conduct monthly meetings for the Team Member Safety Committee.
- Assists in the development of the employee handbook and new personnel policies and procedures.
- Follows all standards required by all applicable federal, state and other laws and regulations, and files all compliance reports with the respective federal and state agencies.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as necessary.
- Assist the Director of Human Resources and Executive Assistant with team member recognition and team member related programs. Coordinate Season Kickoff Meeting planning.
- Organize CPR/AED/1st Aid/Bloodborne Pathogens training for staff.
- Workers Compensation: claims administration, reporting claims, follow up, work status, OSHA 300 reports.
- Completes special project tasks as assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, stand and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Moderate noise level in the work environment.